Matri Surakchya Chakki
One pack of Matri Surakchya Chakki (Misoprostol) contains three tablets of 200 micro grams Misoprostol B. P. The manufacturer of the product (Isovent 200) is Square Pharmaceuticals Limited, Bangladesh. CRS Company introduced the product through "Sangini Social Franchising Network" of Bardiya district of Nepal on April 20, 2009.
Brief Description on MSC
- MSC pack is composed of three tablets of Isovent containing 200 mcg of Misoprostol B.P each
- Brand name: Matri Surakchya Chakki
- Can reduce PPH and maternal mortality in countries where most births occur in the home
- The MRP of each consumer pack is Rs 33 - set with the objective to provide users with subsidized rates
- Relatively inexpensive
- Easy to store and stable in field conditions
- Long shelf life
- Easy and fast administration to patient
- Relatively safe and effective
- Some side effects
- Increased body temperature (pyrexia)
- Most side effects disappear without intervention after a short period of time
- Takes slightly longer to act than injectable uterotonic drugs
The Expanded Role of Misoprostol
- Misoprostol is cheap, safe, stable and easy to use by anyone.
- Misoprostol may be given:
- By women giving birth alone (self-administration)
- By birth attendants, with lower and higher skill levels
- Evidence is conclusive that misoprostol is safe and effective in situations where a safe injection of oxytocin is not possible.