The CDK is a delivery kit for clean home deliveries where access to nearest health facility is not available. A pack of CDK consists of user manual, soap and surgical gloves for the service provider, one plastic sheet to place the baby, 3 strings to tie knots at two ends of the umbilical cord, a hard plastic coin to place the umbilical cord and a blade to cut it.
CRS has undertaken distribution of Clean Delivery Kit (CDK) manufactured by MCH Project Ltd to medical and non-medical outlets at Rs.50 per packet.
There are no medicines contained in the kit. Each kit contains:
- An instruction sheet explaining how to use the kit
- A bar of soap for washing of hands before delivery
- Surgical gloves to ensure clean delivery
- A sheet of plastic to lay the mother and child.
- A new razor blade to cut the umbilical cord
- A plastic disc to place the umbilical cord for easier cutting
- A length of string to tie the umbilical cord after it has been cut